STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. On STEAM Sundays, we invite children and young adults ages 8+ (5+ with parent assistance) to join us in the Makerspace for related activities! Each Sunday is different, but we always try to use the tools, machines, and materials (even from outdoors!) around us, such as our 3D Printers, iMac, iPad, snap circuits, makey-makeys and much more!
Registration is required through the library’s calendar.
Some past STEAM classes:
- Origami (key terms: geometry, NASA, culture)
- “Robotic” cardboard hands (key terms: problem-solving, pulley systems/tension)
- Paper airplanes (key terms: aerodynamics, drag, force)
- Bath Bombs (key terms: chemistry, molecules, chemical reactions)
- Snap Circuits (key terms: electricity, circuits, light/sound)
Please contact Abigayel, Library Technology Assistant with questions or STEAM Sunday suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-222-2563